Jay relocated to Gurnee, Illinois in 2014 with his wife Oralia, and daughters Olivia and Alexandria to attend John Marshall Law School in Chicago. Upon his graduation magna cum laude in June 2017 and successfully passing the Bar Exam, he was hired by the Treasury Department as a Trial Attorney
Adams said after he had been away from the Air Force for a year, he realized he missed serving and applied for re-enlistment for the purpose of commissioning as an officer* Now a licensed practicing attorney Jay was able to apply to Air Reserve Component ("ARC JAG”) for a direct commission. TSgt Adams qualified for a direct commission due to his prior service. Adams received approval from the Judge Advocate of the Air Force in June of this year and expects to attend an Officer Training School next year at Maxwell-Gunther AFB, Alabama once his commission has been approved.
Adams received enlistment paperwork August 29th and Colonel Pennington was available Friday, August 30th. to administer the oath of enlistment to Jay. Fortunately, his wife and family were able to be present to witness their father being sworn in.
Andover, Mass. and Kansas City, Mo. (October 16, 2019) - For the first time ever, U.S. veterans will be able to receive U.S. Department of Veteran'...
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
AnnouncementsComing Attractions and EventsNovember 72019VFW Post 2245 Meeting7:00 PM
Grayslake Park District240 Commerce Dr
- 2019-2020 Voice of Democracy Scholarship Program
- This years theme, "What Makes America Great"
- We contact schools and speak to the students explaining the program
- Entry Deadline is October 31st Entries picked up
- VOD/Patriot's Pen Judging - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
- JUDGING BEGINS NOVEMBER 1st and 2nd (Saturday Sunday)
- Back-up Dates (IF NEEDED) Saturday November 8th and Sunday November 9th)
- Submissions for Teacher of the Year, Scout of the Year (Boy Scout Eagle, Girl Scout Gold)